The purpose of this policy is to provide guidelines and procedures to be followed by the requesting organization as well as by the Masjid Hamza Executive Committee (“board”) to better manage fundraisers and provide equal and fair opportunities for organizations to raise funds on Masjid Hamza’s premises.
The information contained in this policy may not be applicable in all circumstances and is subject to change without notice. By agreeing to this policy, the requestor agrees that Masjid Hamza has no liability (to the extent permitted by applicable law) for any general, consequential, incidental, special or punitive damages that might result. This policy is not a contract in any form, although adherence to these standards is a condition of engagement. Organizations requesting fundraisers are on an “at-will” basis, which means that either the requesting organization or Masjid Hamza can cancel the request at any time and for any or no reason, with or without notice, and with or without cause.
Policy and Guidelines
All fundraisers conducted on Masjid Hamza’s premises must go through the appropriate policies and guidelines as follows:
- All fundraising and scheduling must be approved by Masjid Hamza’s
- Masjid Hamza allows only one (1) fundraising opportunity per calendar year for requesting organizations. However, due to changed conditions requiring attention by the requesting organization or vacancies, the Masjid Hamza board may make an exception to
- Masjid Hamza allows fundraisers for only approved 501-(c)(3) non-profit organizations.
- Masjid Hamza will have reciprocal policy with other Masjids requesting fundraisers at Masjid
- To obtain permission for fundraising, all organizations must submit a Fundraising Request Form to the Masjid Hamza board. No fundraising will be approved or accepted through any other means except for the request
- Fundraising request form should be submitted at least one month prior to the intended fundraising date. However, the board on a case-by-case basis will evaluate emergency fundraising request for any
- The organization must provide their mission statement and a description (up to half a page) of the intended use of funds from the fundraiser. This will be used by a Masjid Hamza representative to make an announcement on behalf of the
- The following are 4 (four) forms of fundraising which are considered acceptable by the Masjid Hamza board:
- The organization provides a khateeb for Jummah and collects funds outside of the Masjid. Please note, auction style fundraising is prohibited during Jummah and only the last 5-10 minutes should be used to speak about fundraising rather than the entire khuttba. (This option is rarely available due to committed khateebs for each Jummah at Masjid Hamza)
- The organization does not bring a khateeb and an announcement by a Masjid Hamza representative can be made on behalf of the organization and funds can be collected outside during Jummah. (See #7)
- The organization may collect funds outside during Ramadan between Isha salah and end of taraweeh. An announcement by a Masjid Hamza representative can be made on behalf of the organization. (See #7)
- The organization may have a program at the Masjid with an scholar/Islamic personality. 20-30 minutes of auction style fundraising will be permissible. A request to serve food in this option will take into account the type of food being served due to cleanliness reasons, amount of individuals attending, and area available in the Masjid to accommodate such a food
- The organization must bring volunteers, collection boxes and marketing material. For maximum exposure and collections, it is recommended to have 3-4 volunteers to cover the parking lot exits, and brothers and sisters
- The requesting organization bringing a guest speaker must submit a brief bio of the speaker to the Masjid Hamza board at least two weeks prior to the intended date of collections.
- The Masjid Hamza board holds the right to cancel or reschedule any fundraising opportunity at Masjid Hamza due to any last minute commitments and/or unpredictable circumstances. In such a scenario, the requesting organization will be notified in advance no later than a week to the actual fund raising date. Please also see the Disclaimer in this
- Organizers, leaders and representatives of the requesting organization accept responsibility to ensure that:
- That they are not engaged in any activity that violates US or non-profit laws
- That there is proper accounting of money received and expended
- The Masjid Hamza board is notified of the amount of monies
- Responsible for assisting in any cleanup